Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Engagement Party!!!

First of all, I am pleased to say that the engagement party was a big success. Thanks to all of those who prayed for fine weather. It was held in Synergy Parkland in Kings Park (secret location revealed hehe).

It was the busiest weekend I've had for a while and I was stuffed at the end of it - still am a bit. My friend and bridesmaid Rianna arrived from Albany on Friday and stayed with me until Tuesday morning. She was a huge help with preparing salads and what not.

Rianna, Duncan, Jamin (his best man) and I were at the shops before they even opened. By the time we left we were up to our necks in rolls, sliced bread and drinks.

I spilled my mocha on my jeans and all over Duncan's car seat on the way home....great start!

The weather looked ominous and I got calls and text messages from worried guests asking if there was a backup plan. I seriously hoped no-one was going to bail on us because of a few drops of rain. If it were hail I could understand but a bit of rain? Seriously! Luckily, a family friend, Cheryl volunteered her house if things got really bad.

The day was fantastic, I had the best time. The rain stopped in time for the party and the sun even came out. It turned out to be really good barbecue day.

Most people showed up but a few who said they were coming didn't end up doing so and we thought that was a bit odd. My bridesmaid Christina ended up getting really sick on her way to the party so she didn't end up making it which was a bit sad. She's okay now though thankfully. Some people who hadn't RSVPed ended up coming along which I was slightly annoyed about (I AM the RSVP Nazi after all) but luckily I was in the best mood, we had plenty of food and I was just glad to see them. They won't get away doing that for the wedding reception though ;) Some of the 'loners' asked if they could bring friends which was fine with us because I wanted them to be comfortable and I had lost track of the number of people by then.

I was pleased to see people mingling as well and not just sticking to the cliques. Some people told me later that they were glad they got to meet my parents and Duncan's parents. Several of the loners seemed to really hit it off as well, which was great and others were welcoming.

That night, after the party, we went dancing at the Ruby Room which I'll blog about later as I have a bit to say about it.

Here is the pictorial evidence from the day.




Ali, Tammy (with Naomi), Rowena and Sarah













Georgia, Sandy, Suzie (and Ruby) and me holding Shem.










Now Esther has Shem back.













Cam and Craig











Jill and Jane
















Helen and Mandy













Rohan, Dave (or Santa as we call him), Jordan and Rina











Rianna, Rhianon, Emma and Peter















Leanne, Brent, James and John












Mel (Craig's mum) and David (my pastor who is going to marry us)














Brad and Hayley (Dunc's boss and his wife)










Dunc's Busselton friends - Noodles, Treva, Rod, Trevor, David and Brooke










Dalwallinu friends - Taylor, Monique, Ian, Nerida, Karen and Greg













Jamin, Duncan and Jodi










Dunc's cousin Matt, his wife Lynette and baby Emily and another cousin, Alsa.







Lily and Victoria, Dunc's Auntie Jen and Uncle Doug and his parents (and my future parents-in-law!)





From left: Dunc's cousin Chloe, her hubby Dean and daughter Chelsea and another cousin Clayton with his wife Elza (see I'm getting good at names!)









Shirley, Jacinta, Shirley, Mrs Copeman and Garth - family friends.










Brad, Shirley, Jacinta and Trent












More family friends, Pam and David with their daughter Kimberly and her kids, Glen and Maygen










Auntie Marion trying to dodge the camera by taking a pic of me














Anna, Linnea and Uncle Merv













My cousin Gab with Estella and Henry (her sister's kids)










My cousin Leah and her son Charlie. She and her husband and kids came all the way down from Exmouth.

















My cousin Rom and Jared (Gab's partner)










Uncle Merv and Linnea



















Our HUGE cake!













About to slice it....Nooooo, the beautiful cake!!!
















Practising for the big day




























I'm a model ;)







Cheesy smiles





4 comments:

Rusdy said...

Phew! Certainly a prayer answered you got sun instead!

bek said...

did you save me a piece of that cake? ;) it looked sooo good!

love the photos of you two! very sweet. aawwwwww

looks like it was a good day for you anyway...im glad!

Sarah said...

Unfortunately...no. No cake for Bek ;)

That cake was meant to feed 100-150 people and it was lucky a few people left early otherwise there wouldn't have been enough. Greedy vultures...I don't know ;)

There was only just enough cake left for me!

Scott Parker said...

Glad it all went so well Sarah; at least that's one positive thing to look upon. Keep your chin up eh!