Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Albany Engagement Party

Last Saturday night, my mum threw Duncan and I an 'Albany' engagement party - that is, she invited Albany people that wouldn't be coming to the Perth party. I had grown up knowing these people and haven't seen a lot of them for a while....it was great seeing them all again. Her birthday was also on the 3rd so it was like a combined birthday party as well.

The people who came were old workmates of my parents, old neighbours and just other random people we knew from around the place, Dunc's cousin and his family, plus some of our friends who either live or were holidaying in Albany. And of course my dear old Nan (although she wisely hid from the cameras...sneaky old nana!)

I forgot to take pictures at the beginning so by the time I remembered to get out my camera, some of our guests had left. Here's some of the action.






Tim (my bro), Ken, Sue, Mum and Ruth














Robert (Emma's dad) seeing what's on the box













Duncan, Mick, Corinne and Rianna (who's hiding at the back)












Me and Rianna












Doesn't Duncan look chuffed to have such a great woman?....haha










Corinne and Mick, friends from church who were holidaying in Albs the same time as us. They got married in July.











Matilde, Joan and Jan














Glory and Helen (Emma's mum)










Nola, Ros and Kevin















Wally, Harry, Carol and David







Then Mum decided it was time to crank her new Elvis CD and have a dance. I must get my love of dancing (or bopping along to music, really) from her.









First she danced alone













Then with her friend Ruth who was down from Perth













Then with Nola












With both of them













And with a group












John didn't feel like dancing







While I was busy taking photos, Mum said to me, "Where's Duncan? I want to dance with him."
I told her, "Mum, Duncan's not into dancing."
But she insisted, "Go and get him, I want to dance with him."
Duncan was watching the Wallabies game (most of our guests had gone at this stage). I told him, "My mum wants to dance with you."
Duncan just chuckled to himself.

Big mistake refusing a dance with the future mother-in-law. Within seconds she was in the loungeroom, saying in a shrill voice, "DUNCAN! Come and dance with me." Then she clapped her hands at him the way she does to the cats when she wants to put them outside.

Duncan still refused. But she won't let him get away with it at the wedding though.









So she danced with Dad instead. His pants nearly fell down.
















Aah, Dad just can't do a normal face in any photo. He always wants to look like Mr Bean.

















John putting Dad's glasses on the back of his head












Then they all got into it.














David and Carol

















Wally (he used to be my tennis coach)

























Dancing photos are definitely the funniest :)

4 comments:

bek said...

You can tell you're your fathers daughter!!

Sarah said...

Nooooo everyone says that!!

Iris Flavia said...

Aren´t love and hugs better than help with the dishes?
Sorry, but I needed to have a closer look on that "Mums kitchen"-sign, cause I thought, heck, did they have the party in some public place?! ;-)

You two do look like a nice couple, for sure, the look on your face shows big happiness and pride and made me smile hugely :-)

Anonymous said...

So many people I know!!!

Wally used to be my Tennis coach too:)