Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Killer Flu

I've been sick quite a few times over the past two years, but this is definitely the worst I've felt.  Day 8 of the flu!  Friday and Saturday were shocking.  My whole body hurt.  I was shivering violently, then sweating profusely, couldn't eat, couldn't breathe properly, kept coughing, and felt lethargic.  Duncan took me to the hospital on Saturday afternoon to see if there was anything they could do.   But unfortunately pregnancy rules out taking the usual drugs that give some relief.

Now the symptoms are finally starting to ease.  I can actually get out of bed and eat a little bit (and type a blog post).  However, returning to work still seems like a long way off.  In many ways, the recovery is as bad as the flu itself.  Getting back on my feet will take a while.  My immune system is so low at the moment.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. It is hard being pregnant and not being able to take much else other than Panadol :(
Hope you've been able to get some rest and good reading/DVD watching done! And I hope that you are feeling a lot better as the days pass. Take care xx

Sarah said...

Thanks Karen! I've been able to do a bit of reading and TV watching over the past couple of days which has been nice. Before that, I couldn't stay awake or get out of bed without Duncan's help. I tried to read my Bible late last week, read a few verses, then fell asleep. :(