Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Irish Idol

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad Damien Leith won Australian Idol on Sunday night. After four series of Idol, finally there's a winner that appeals to me and I would definitely buy his CD (yes, I know Guy Sebastian's a Christian and seems to be a top bloke but his voice is far too nasally in my opinion).

I went out to dinner after church on Sunday night and got home in time to see the winner announced (after hearing James Mathison say "after the break" a gazillion times). I wouldn't have minded if Jess won; she has a terrific voice but I'm kinda over the diva sound. Traditionally, the winner's single has sounded like something off The Lion King but I really liked Damien's version. I can't wait to hear his album.

I just hope his newfound fame doesn't hurt his marriage and family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'Lion King' thing hits the mail on the head.

The winners song has to be bland enough to suit both finalists so it's never going to be their best work.

Sarah said...

I reckon they shouldn't even have a winner's single at all. Then they can take their time making a quality album afterwards and the first single will actually suit the winner's style - they could even release one of their own songs. But I suppose the record company wants to make as much money out of the winner ASAP.