Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Goodbye Belinda

I am still sad over the death of Belinda Emmett from cancer early on Saturday morning and from reading other blogs, I can tell I'm not the only one. I remember watching her on Home and Away in the late 90s and when she took a break from the show to have treatment for breast cancer, another actress filled in for her until she came back. Over the past couple of years, she has been looking more frail and gaunt and about a year ago, a magazine said she was dying. I didn't hear anything else about it until I heard the sad news on the radio on the weekend. Belinda was only 32.

My prayers go out for Rove and the Emmett family. Whatever people think of Rove and his show, I don't think anyone can question his love and devotion to his wife. That's not to take away anything from people who aren't in the public eye that have faithfully cared for their ill spouses. Nor does it take away anything from the many cancer sufferers who fought just as bravely as Belinda.

*The picture is from the Unofficial Belinda Emmett website.

No comments: