Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Eyes Are Dim, But I Can See....


Now I have my specs with me.

After a few weeks of persistent and painful headaches behind my right eye which caused me to feel dizzy and nauseous, Duncan suggested I visit an optometrist.  The first time I said, "NO!" very firmly indeed.  I look ridiculous in glasses full stop.

But when my usual remedies of Panadol Rapid or Nurofen failed to stop the headaches, I began to reconsider.  It was when I realised that I was lying in bed reading with my book almost touching my nose that I realised I had a problem, and eventually booked an appointment with an optometrist the last time I was in Perth.

It turns out I am long-sighted so I struggle to read up close, but can see things quite well from a distance.  I think hours of computer use at work, editing my book, doing TAFE assignments, and general net surfing have finally taken its toll on my eyes.  My specs arrived in the post a few days ago and I'm to use them for reading, computer work, TV and night driving.  It's quite weird wearing them actually.  Yesterday I wore them to work for the first time, and while I was walking around the office it felt like the floor was sloping.

And finally, here are the glasses.  There are some pretty nice frames out there so my descent into nerdville wasn't quite as bad as I was anticipating.  Anyway, Duncan thinks I look sexy so that's all that matters. ;)

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

They do suit you! :-)
You are lucky actually... I got glasses in the 80´s - it was a real pain, I tell ya!!! Such ugly frames, buahhhh!