Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Exmouth

Here are the photos of our fantastic holiday in Exmouth.  Despite the heat making it tiring to walk five metres, I felt so relaxed and at home there I could have stayed for much longer!


After snorkelling at the beautiful Turquoise Bay.


People snorkelling.


I have no idea why Duncan wanted to take a photo of me eating a banana.
Me in the water.

What is this strange creature from the deep?

Oyster Stacks.

The beach was just small rocks - hardly any sand.
Some kid did this, not me.

Duncan about to go for a snorkel at Oyster Stacks.


Three little monkeys - my cousin's kids, Charlie, Georgianna, and Isabella.

Charlie and Bella with their Lego.

Even I did some building.

Fondue night with my cousin, Leah, and her husband, James.

Leah trying to hide behind a strawberry.

Bahahaha Duncan!

James
Mmmmmm chocolate.

Yuuuuuum!

Mmm marshmallow.

Yes, Duncan, I am having more :)

We went out fishing on James's boat.  Duncan was so excited, he woke me up early in the morning and said, "The fishes!  I'm going to catch the FISHES!"  I was glad to see some whales.

Duncan had a marlin on his line for about 45 minutes, but lost it.

I was content just to watch, enjoy the ride, and sleep in the cabin. I took some sea-sickness tablets, just in case, and they made me sooo drowsy.

Eventally he got a dolphin fish instead.  It was a very tasty fishy.

Two little mermaids.

Duncan went out fishing with James and some others the next day as well, and saw some dolphins.  Leah and I, and a friend of hers took the kids to the beach.

This time Duncan got his marlin.  He still talks about it.  Pity we live inland.

It was catch and release though.

James's deckhand with the marlin.

The boat.

Leah and James's beautful house.

The day we left to head to Tom Price.

The big prawn as you come into Exmouth. 

No comments: