It is with both excitement and trepidation that I announce my hopes for this year and put them firmly in God's hands.
1. Get fit. A friend of mine is the local Zumba instructor. I've always swore I'd never do Zumba. I'm the most unco-ordinated person on the planet, and anything that involves dancing, I look like I have too many legs all tripping over each other. But I've decided to eat my words and give it a go. There's no other high impact aerobic exercise available locally, and I like to exercise with others as it gives me the motivation to give it my all. Netball is out of the question because there is no team at my level and it hurts my back. So, there....I'm go to be Zumba-ing it up on Monday nights this year. Duncan has promised to be home from work in time to look after Rory.
2. Read the Bible regularly. Whether I can be a part of a Bible study or not, I need to really feast on God's Word. I'm not interested in set plans, so I'm going to continue on with the devotional I'm doing, read a Psalm a day, and keep up with the verses and discussion we receive from our pastor via an iphone app.
3. Finish editing my book! Surely this has got to be the year!
4. Shop ethically. Recently, I've been evaluating how my faith in Christ impacts my grocery and clothes shopping. Expect a post on this very soon.
5. Take Rory to playgroup. I've been putting off trying the local playgroup because friends of mine told me they found it very cliquey. Now I've decided that I should give it a go and make up my own mind about people instead of listening to hearsay. A former workmate told me she is planning to go with her new baby so at least I'll know someone. It's hard at the moment because it's on from 9:30-11:30 and that clashes with Rory's morning sleep. When he drops to one sleep a day, then we'll go.