I've been wondering whether to do Christmas cards this year. You can tell I watched a lot of Gilmore Girls in 2009/10 because I've written a pros and cons list just like Rory does.
- People know we're thinking of them.
- People who've sent us a card don't feel we're snubbing them.
- A chance to point my non-Christian relatives towards the true meaning of Christmas.
- Time consuming.
- Likely to be unappreciated. Seriously does anyone really care or not whether they get Christmas cards? I don't feel offended if people don't send me cards. If it's a card they've made themselves and has a personalised message in it, then I appreciate and treasure it, but if it's a cheapy with To Sarah from Bob inside then I don't really see the point, and it's off to Planet Ark to be recycled as soon as Christmas is over.
- A waste of paper if they are unappreciated.
I suppose I could send an updated picture of the animals now that Gypsy has joined our family. But I can't see Ebony wanting to be in the same photo as the dogs. It took a few takes to get this picture and, as you can see, both animals are trying to escape.
If I did send Christmas cards, it wouldn't be to everyone. Maybe just my small extended family, a couple of family friends and those who don't have email. There's no way I'm doing Duncan's family as well - they are as numerous as the sands on the seashore!
Are you doing Christmas cards this year?
Do you care whether you receive a card or not?
Help me make up my mind, people....