Friday, May 27, 2016

God and the Little Things

It always amazes me how God loves to show kindness to His children. It shouldn't surprise me as the whole Bible is full of examples of God's love for His wayward people. Sometimes, I think I start getting a lopsided picture of God as being a disciplinarian and only caring about 'big picture' stuff. But He's also a God of the little things.

Duncan and I have lost two people who were very close to us - my Nan passed away in January 2011, and Duncan's brother was killed in a car accident two days before Christmas 1999, at only 21.

Rory was born on the 19th January 2013, on what would have been my Nan's 100th birthday. Flynn has red hair, just like his late Uncle Raymond.

In some ways it feels like God has given our loved ones back to us. Not in a reincarnation kind of way, but in little things that keep their memories alive.

I love to marvel at God's kindness in the little things.

No comments: